Location: Dillsburg, PA
Must possess a basic knowledge of materials, methods and the tools required in the construction industry and their use.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Assist construction mechanics in the construction, installation and repair of new and existing structures.
TYPICAL DUTIES: To perform any task that is required to complete the job. This relates to all aspects of construction including, but not limited to:
- Assist with lay-out, measuring distances and elevations
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines
- Erecting and dismantling of scaffolding, shoring and bracing
- Install all types of insulation, waterproofing materials & vapor barriers
- Assist with all types of wood & metal walls, blocking, etc.
- Assist with hanging & finishing drywall
- Lift, carry and hold building materials
- Dig, spread and level dirt and stone (using hand tools)
- Sandblasting & steam cleaning
- Mix concrete, cement and grouting type materials
- Assist in the building and setting of concrete forms
- Assist in the dismantling and cleaning of concrete forms
- Assist in tying of reinforcing steel for foundations, footers and walls
- Assist in placement of wire mesh and expansion joints
- Assist in pouring concrete footers, walls, slabs, curbs and sidewalks
- Float, trowel and screed concrete
- Perform all phases of demolition work including the use of a jackhammer
- Siding, sheathing, roofs, soffit, gutters, downspouts, shutters and shingles
- Applying all types of paints, compounds, caulking, etc.
- Assist in setting hollow metal door and window jambs
- Assist with toilet partitions, casework & counter tops
OPERATIONS OF TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Operate all hand, power and air tools properly and safely
- Clean tools and equipment
- Assist with daily clean-up of jobsite
- Building and window cleaning at completion of job